Web Analytics can provide your online business an edge over others by helping you getting an insight of your customer’s experience. So if you wish to build a website which appeals to the customers and assures you success, then the first step lies in choosing the best web analytics service depending on the requirements of your online business. In today’s world of cut-throat competition, most online businesses are well aware of how they can use the best web analytics service to their advantage. So you need to act smarter and understand the current business needs and accordingly adapt to the changing requirements. Understanding your customers can work wonders for you and help you achieve the zenith of success.
Types of Web Analytic Services
Nowadays with the growing competition, there are a number of web analytics services available. You can choose a free web analytics service or you can also opt for some of the best premium/ paid services like Clicktale Web Analytics service that I’ve explained below. Although many webmasters choose to use free analytics services however, the major disadvantage with free web analytics services is that they have limited features while paid services come with more advanced and customizable options that can bring you great deal of reporting. If you wish to stay on top of your competitors, you have to know what special they are doing and how can you use those tools to stay on top.
Free Web Analytics
- Google Analytics: Google is of course, the unbeatable king of the internet business. Google offers one of the best free web analytics tools through the Google Analytics service. It offers you a range of easy to use and exciting features to understand the source of traffic to your website. It provides you with the tools that you can use to enhance your website and optimize your website for better results. However, the downside of using Google Analytics is that you will be sharing your website-traffic details with none other than Google. Many webmasters do not feel comfortable sharing their information with the big G. Using their services is like handing over your business to them and we all know the big G is always hungry for information, crunching over anything that comes in its way and then using all that information at its own discretion!
- Yahoo Web Analytics: This is yet another tool to target a large portion of customers with its intelligent web analytics solution in terms of IndexTools and a myriad of other powerful features which connect you more with your audience and knowing them more. Although Yahoo web analytics offer a number of features, it is not the best solution as per many webmasters. Now if you talk about the comparisons, Google Analytics vs Yahoo web analytics, the big G wins on any given day.
- Reinvigorate Snoop: Reinvigorate Snoop is basically a Java Script web analytics tool that is best suited for Mac and PC users, it is a desktop application. You need to insert the java code on every page of your website and then you can get realtime stats and notifications right on your desktop. It offers some of the most interesting features including real time notification, audible events and also name tag integration. The only downside to the service is that it is a paid service and is good for only small scale websites.
- Piwik: Piwik web analytics is a downloadable, open source (GPL licensed) real time web analytics software program. It is designed in PHP and MySQL. Piwik aims to be an open source alternative to Google Analytics, and is already used on more than 150,000 websites. Piwik is an open source web analytics written in PHP and MySQL that you download and install on your own webserver. Professionals can install it in just 5 minutes. You can even create your custom extensions with the aid of Plugins system. The only downside to Piwik is that you need a certain level of expertise in installing and using this wonderful web analytics tool.
- Blog Tracker: This tool has gained a lot of popularity attributing to the affinity of people to blogs. Blog Tracker will monitor the blog visits, blogs statistics, traffic source and a number of other web traffic essentials. The best part is that you can also check out the demo and use the tool free of cost. The real time analysis of your blogs will go a long way in producing the right content for your visitors. Although I did not find any downside to this tool apart from that it is designed for blogs only. However, if you are managing a large scale business website, you should explore other available options.
In today’s competitive times, you have a number of web analytics solutions available at your disposal, yet the best has to be decided on a number of aspects. The choice of your web analytics service should greatly depend on a number of factors which include the features, traffic, referrals, reports, events, visitor details, file exporting and also tech support. I have tried a number of web analytics solutions over a number of years but I have never been that satisfied until I found Clicktale web analytics, the king of all other web analytics solutions. Remember, the success of your website greatly depends on understanding the source of your traffic and how to best optimize your website to convert those visitors into customers. This is why we use web analytics services so that we can understand user-behaviour and direct them to the place where we want them to go.
An Introduction to ClickTale web analytics
If you wish to know what your customers exactly do inside your web pages, then ClickTale Web Analytics is the way to go! Whether it is about customer’s interaction in the web pages or checking out other resources, ClickTale Web Analytics gives you complete report regarding all. When it comes to ClickTale analytics, it can simply be defined as one of the best ways to collect and analyze the content of your website. This will further help you to look into your customer’s predilection and give them what they desire the most. Compiling and collecting the data would certainly go a long way in winning the top notch position in the online business world.
What’s different in ClickTale web analytics?
ClickTale web analytics has a lot in store for the business players. In Page Web Analytics is perhaps one of the most interesting features which ClickTale offers you. A look into what your customers love to do inside the web pages and the collection of quantitative information about the complete traffic would help you in optimizing the web pages accordingly. The salient features of this service include:
- Mouse Tracking: The Mouse Tracking feature helps in tracking the mouse movements of your customer and in turn adding the elements of interest to your website, thus a simple way of maximizing your conversion rates and return on investment.
- Real-Time Visual Visitor Feedback: This feature enables you to look into the features which would help you in increasing the conversion rates of your website thus turning the visitors of your website into potential customers.
- Complete Transparency: The best part about using this feature is that you can keep an eye on your visitors without letting them know that they are being tracked. This will add to their comfort level helping you know more about them and their choices.
- Global Participation: What can be as good as keeping a track of users from all over the world and having an up-to-date analysis.
- Affordable solution: The solution is completely economical and no additional equipments or skills are needed for the same thus fulfilling all your requirements.
Clicktale Heatmap Suite:
Heatmaps are basically reports which give you a visual display of regarding all what is preferred by the customers. This is one of the most economical ways to monitor thousands of users and find out what interests them more. You can come to know the importance of different areas on the websites, the preferred ones and all the ones which would attract more users.
- Mouse Move Heatmap: This is one of the accurate ways to track thousands of users worldwide at a reasonable price.
- Click Heatmap: This enables you to check out what links, images, text or dead space your visitors click thus letting you discover what can add to the appeal of your website.
- Attention Heatmap: This helps you in evaluating specific areas of importance on your website which would help you in knowing the relevance of certain areas on the website. This way you can eliminate certain areas, improve the other ones and perhaps add more interesting content to the popular areas.
- Scroll-Reach Heatmap: This helps you to know the extent to which your visitors scroll the page and thus let you determine the required length of the different webpages depending upon whether they need to be shorter or longer.
Clicktale Conversion Analytics
This is an important tool in evaluating the success or failure of the online conversion process. An easier and quicker way to maximize your conversion rates, conversion analytics is a comprehensive web analytics solution which would help you in understanding your customer’s choice.
- Advanced Filtering: You can filter your visitors and match to their needs by watching video session playbacks of different users.
- Conversion Funnels: This enables you to check the step where your customers leave the conversion process. You can check out different quantitative characteristics as well as qualitative data to get an insight into your visitors behaviour.
- Form Analytics: It corresponds to five unique reports which let you know about what causes inconvenience to your customers such as long and time-consuming fields, erroneous fields and other causes that might lead your visitor to leave. Thus, bringing about changes to your webpage would certainly help you increasing your conversion rates and eliminating the frustration of your visitors.
- Link Analytics: You can optimize your website by evaluating the visitor behaviour and how they respond to hyperlinks. Eight behavioural reports are produced that let you determine the elements which would attract more and more customers to your website.
The role of these features comes in generating various reports which include:
- Page Console: This enables you to collect the web analytics information of any webpage at one place. All you need to do is to enter the specific URL. Rest of the task is made simpler when you get access to the reports.
- Dashboard: This is the perfect means to assess the information of the webpage with a complete detailing of other analytics. Some of the components which form a part of Dashboard include Heatmaps, Search Visitor Recordings, Real Time Site Monitor, Form Analytics and Visitor Geo-location. Such detailed analytics can help you make changes to your website to yield a better performance in the online business.
- Page Reports: This is yet another feature which collects all the data so that you know about the most interesting pages, clicked pages, errored pages, scrolled pages and much more.
ClickTale web analytics solutions
With its enterprise plan, ClickTale web analytics offers you a robust solution to understand your visitors online. It offers you a completely customizable product to cater to your business requirements and to give you an edge over your business rivals.
- It records the activities of millions of visitors worldwide so that you can make smarter business related decisions.
- There are Ultra-scale heatmaps which feature 100,000 pageviews per report.
- Analysis of different user groups is possible to compare the converted and non-converted traffic which would help you in increasing the conversion rates.
- You can also avail the advantage of visual and statistical reports to know how different users interact. This would also work wonders for you in attracting a large portion of customer traffic to your website.
- Enterprise plan also offers you dedicated account manager services which would answer all your queries relating to the features, services and integrations.
- Skiddle, UK’s top-notch entertainment website has experienced the changes after using ClickTale web analytics. The conversion rate has almost tripled and this has proves extremely revolutionary. In fact, there has been as much increase as 345% bookings in a short duration of 4 weeks. The results speak about the success and the heights Skiddle has attained after its association with ClickTale web analytics!
- DiversityJobs is yet another successful user of ClickTale web analytics which proudly tells its success story. The CEO, Scott Baylor is ecstatic with the tremendous growth the website is witnessing. He is all the more excited with the venture for the information he is getting from the visitors which is proving to be a driving force for the website. With the In Page web analytics feature, the website can be adapted as per the requirements of the user and thus its effectiveness can be increased to match the customer’s expectations. With all such changes, the usability and the conversion rates of the website have considerably shot.
- Tripbase quotes its own experience with ClickTale web analytics. The people at tripbase were searching for the perfect tool which would give them a clue regarding the way users interact with the website. ClickTale web analytics gave the perfect solution by offering a service that portrays the interactions and tasks of the users on the website.
- Castus has also had an amazing experience with ClickTale in its journey of long term association with small and medium sized companies in the north of England. ClickTale web analytics has gone a long way in helping them to assess the usability of the websites they create. The co-founder of the company, Gary Hides feels that this is the perfect way to know more about the user behavior. In fact, he has even recommended ClickTale web analytics to other web designers.
What media has to say about ClickTale web analytics?
Whether it’s TechCrunch or the Entrepreneur magazine all talk about ClickTale web analytics and have identified it as a potential player in delivering you great value and performance. Mashable, the social media guide quotes that ClickTale web analytics gives you complete detailing of what your visitors are doing on the website. You can view thousands of reviews and testimonials by the renowned users and the amazing experience they have had with ClickTale web analytics. ClickTale web analytics deals with lots of popular customers which include:
- Simon & Schuster
And a lot more! Visit the Clicktale web analytics information page for complete details on their awesome web analytics service. We wrote a popular article earlier on the top ten web analytics where Clicktale was chosen as the number 1 analytics service.