Real-time Replication with SAP LT Replication Server
- Solution:SAP HANA
Level:Details, Configuration & Transaction
- This course will prepare you to:
- Set up SLT configurations, replicate data into different targets (such as SAP HANA, SAP BW or Central Finance) and monitor the data replication.
- Technology Consultant
- System Administrator
- Application Consultant
- SAP system administration knowledge
- SAP01(SAP Business Suite Overview); when using SLT in an SAP Business Suite environment
- S4H00(S/4HANA Overview); when using SLT in an SAP S/4HANA environment and not familiar with SAP Business Suite
- S4H01(SAP Business Suite to SAP S/4HANA Delta); when using SLT in an SAP S/4HANA environment and already familiar with SAP Business Suite
- S4H100(SAP S/4HANA Implementation Scenarios); when planning an implementation to SAP S/4HANA (for example Central Finance)
- Database knowledge
Course based on software release
- SAP LT Replication Server (SLT) 2.0
- This course comprises the end-to-end handling of the SAP LT Replication Server (SLT) with a lot of hands-on exercises.
- The course starts at the very beginning of replication: Having a look at architectural concepts, covering sizing aspects as well as installation and authorization topics.
- Afterwards you are getting familiar with the trigger based technology SLT is using and will replicate data into SAP HANA. Once you learned the basics, you will get to know how to use advanced settings, such as filtering and performance improvement options. Monitoring the data replication in SLT or Solution Manager as well as troubleshooting will be a part of this training, too.
- There are differences in using SLT to replicate data into SAP HANA and other target, such as a regular ABAP system. You will get familiar with those differences and gain experience on the system.
- Besides the above the two scenarios mentioned before, there are special cases where you are not writing data on a table basis into the target but going via the application layer:
- You will gain a deep insight into the special case of replicating data into SAP BW and learn to differentiate between and make use of the several available options SAP BW offers.
- Replicating data into Central Finance, with which you can transition to SAP S/4HANA Finance, on-premise edition without disruption to your current system landscape, is another part of this course.